Editor’s note: this post was birthed prior to the correct ruling in the murder of Ahmaud Arbery and the subsequent statement made by his father, Marcus, which angered godless people everywhere within the sound of his voice. Here it is, just in case you too are addicted to outrage.
Now that I have your attention, please allow me to set the table here. I do agree that the statement “All Lives Matter” is vacuous unless black lives matter as well. That is a very simple and logical conclusion to make. People of color are included in the “All” while people of no color whatsoever are nonexistent. And I do know an albino person. He just so happens to be a black man. His body does not produce melanin, but he is not translucent. He has a color, thus he is a person of color, as am I. As are you. And yes, his life still matters. Shocker, right?
Enough about my woke credentials though. I made a claim in the title of this post and I probably ought to defend it before I have to start defending myself from the protests of some church lady who is more loving than me. Indeed, more loving than Jesus! And to support my claims I will use https://blacklivesmatter.com/, focusing today on their “What We Believe” section.
I take that back. the “What We Believe” was removed last year. Why? Perhaps because it was made painfully clear that BLM is not primarily designed to make the lives of black people better. It was made for the same reason that all Marxist organizations were created. To enrich the leaders at the top by creating and focusing attention upon superficial differences in people. And I wish I could apologize for the term “Marxist” because it is thrown about for anything that seems to reject the spirit of competition that our economic and social system thrived under for hundreds of years. Instead, BLM is called a Marxist organization because that is what they have said of themselves. I’d love to link you to it, but they removed this once people started reading their publicly available website. More attention went toward repugnant sexual deviancy, a denial of biblical case law as evidenced by their refusal to allow cross-examination, and a rejection of the nuclear family consisting of one man and one woman, which God affirms and which the black community stood as a shining example for generations. Less attention went toward making black lives better unless they were homosexuals or the leaders of BLM.
BLM does have seven demands, however. These are all things that they believe are required if Black Lives are to Matter. Since these demands are currently available, I suppose those are going to have to be where this post goes.
- Convict and ban Trump from future political office. Because why on earth would BLM want any more of the president with the highest Black Employment Rate since… ever to take office again? Of course a rejection of Donald Trump should be the very first demand to come from BLM. Not because BLM is interested in Black Lives but because BLM is interested in being a Leftist, Marxist shock troop opposed to honest employment and totally on board with looting your local Target store. And I’m not convinced that Donald Trump ought to be the standard bearer of the Republican Party. But in politics you can tell alot about a candidate by their enemies.
- Expel Republican members of Congress who attempted to overturn the election and incited a white supremacist attack. Again, the purpose of BLM is not the betterment of black lives. It is to be a political organization bannered under the control of the Democratic Party. The only reason we would overturn an election is if it is found to be illigetimate. If the election is legitimate, the audits would not have been contested. Isn’t it the Leftists out there who say that a law abiding citizen should have no objection to being searched without a warrant? And why would a group claiming to be centered around a race use a racist term like this? Oh, asked and answered.
- Launch a full investigation into the ties between white supremacy and the Capitol Police, law enforcement, and the military. Yawn. I expect this one to be removed soon, now that we have our first female 4-Star Admiral. Unless they realize that this feat was accomplished by a dude. A dude in a dress. What if the problem in the inner city black communities isn’t white supremacy? What if the problem is a rejection of biblical families and biblical churches? What if the underlying problem is idolatry? I’m not suggesting that idolatry isn’t to be found in other ethnicities. It’s rampant! But didn’t a pretty wise person say something about fixing your own issue before you go after someone else’s?
- Permanently ban Trump from all digital media platforms. So far, that’s what we got. But as Democrat lackeys, you might want to rethink this one. The best thing for Trump is to be banned! Think about it. He gets to be the victim to Big Tech, right along so many of his supporters who also have been taken behind the woodshed by “fact checkers” and the like. In fact, the only people suffering for sharing their opinions are people who you don’t like. Still feel like an oppressed minority? Of course you do. That is your source of power. Trump can issue a statement whenever he likes and that statement is spread far and wide on all of these social media sites, BUT the people who found his demeanor to be loathsome don’t get a frequent reason to gnash their teeth at him. So they have to look elsewhere to get their jollies. And everywhere else they look really sucks. Bare shelves, hyperinflation, gas prices through the roof, and more all thanks to your man, Brandon. Way to go!
- Defund the police. I don’t know why you care about this. Without the police around to stop criminals from sticking guns into the stomachs of pregnant women, without the police around to defend themselves and the public at large from charging thugs, without the police around to enforce the laws that YOUR OWN PREFERRED polititians impose on you, what reason will you come up to do what BLM does best? You know, riot?
- Don’t let the coup be used as an excuse to crack down on our movement. By coup do you mean the ill-advised January 6 incident? You know, the one that was led by your partners from Antifa as well as some FBI plants? Yeah, the one where short sighted regular citizens were ushered into the capital building doors by the staff, and then most of them obeyed the velvet ropes as they took their selfies? Please don’t confuse that day with one of your “mostly peaceful” events.
- Pass the BREATHE Act. I’m sorry, I just can’t take anything you say seriously anymore. Who is going to enforce this BREATHE Act? The white supremacist police that you defunded? The white supremacist military that you attacked? You? Oh…
What you do is a visible representation of what you believe. This is true in the case of the group being discussed. It is true of you the reader. It is true of myself. I share the gospel passionately with others because I believe it is the ultimate and efficient solution for every problem. It was enough for the apostle Paul, who spoke to people of all backgrounds, nationalities and histories. It was enough for the early Church, which bridged gaps and made mistakes along the way as well. This gospel has been sufficient to bring people together for 2000 years now. I have to believe it remains sufficient today. Because it is. And because it is impossible for it to be insufficient. #DatPresuppTho
If it is insufficient to address any result of the fall, it is incomplete and I am trusting in a lie to save me. It is lived out in actions and in listening, lest anyone accuse me of claiming that a little street preaching is all that we need to do here. It provides healing for the nations. It brings disparate people together. It combines the people of all origins into one people. It crosses boundaries. It brings peace. To reject the gospel won by the prince of peace is to reject peace, even as you attempt to force peace upon others based on terms you select. But you can’t be the prince of peace. That office has already been filled. All you can do is be a substitute. And the proper definition of one who tries to become a substitute for Christ is… Antichrist.
Yeah, I said it. Antichrist is commonly used to refer to someone who is opposed to Christ. But that is an incomplete definition. Who is the being most opposed to Christ? That would be Satan, or Lucifer if you prefer. This elohim is one who was placed in a high position among the council of God. He is NOT God or even “a” god. He is an elohim, which is more of a category than a name, though that word is used in some places to serve as a name of the one true God. Kind of like how I refer to my mother as “Mom” even though there are many moms out there. She just so happens to be the only one I am referring to when I use that word in that context.
Satan/Lucifer whatever you wish to call him, whether you are explaining his actions or are describing his actions, is the ultimate antichrist. He sows seeds of doubt in people, making them question whether Jesus truly came in the flesh (1 John 4:2-3). He undermines the gospel in this way, first to make you question the validity of the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins. With this doubt, some may not believe and be saved, thus Satan is against the work of Christ. But Satan also craves to be worshipped. He seeks to be like the God most high and take the place of God over all. See Isaiah 14:12-17 for the context of that statement.
In the previous “What We Believe” page on the BLM website there was a fairly positive statement: We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.
Amen! We are called by God to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. They are starting out on a good note here, though there is no foundation for this belief in a Black Lives Matter context. If the foundation is the innate goodness of man, for example, they will reach a point where the center cannot hold. It is enough, for now, to acknowledge this belief and point to their status as image-bearers of God to explain why they would care about anyone not within their organization. But wait just a sec! How are they able to DEFINE what Freedom, Justice, Good and Evil even are? They are the ones seeking to tear down the societal norms here, not me! I am just a Christian staying in a moderate position as a flammable world lurches to the left. We didn’t start the fire! Sorry if that song is now in your head.
The leaders of Black Lives Matter can declare their own innate goodness as the reason for their ability to define goodness and get away with a circular argument, but without God they have no standard of what good or bad even is. Nor can they define freedom or justice. Marxist are atheists and refer to religion as the “opiate of the masses.” Thus, in their context the standard of good and evil cannot come from any creator such as God. It can only come from the whims of people. And as good Marxists, they will say that the ones who defined things as good and evil, freedom and justice, can only fit into one category. That category is commonly referred to in their circles as the “Oppressors.” So for them to come to the understanding in the One True God who created them and who loves them and who shed His blood that they may turn from their wicked ways and be healed is suddenly the oppressor, that would make them the “Oppressed,” now wouldn’t it?
Psalm 2 Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying, “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and them in his fury, saying, “As for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill.” I will tell of the decree: The Lord said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.” Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Black Lives Matter is one of several groups that is seeking to burst the bonds of God apart and cast His cords away. They believe that by not being constrained to the laws of their creator they can finally be free. They honestly think that their globalist overlords will reward them for their efforts in this great reset. As a Christian, I rest in the confirmation that God remains in control. My nation may burn, but His church will perform her function of magnifying the glory of the bridegroom. And that bridegroom will judge those who mistreat his bride with extreme prejudice.
It’s really a matter of being a part of his bride. There are some who haven’t kept oil in their lamps, but this post isn’t about The Gospel Coalition. Not really. The true church of Jesus will take refuge in Him. We will defend ourselves, but we will not exercise our vengeance upon enemies of the most high, such as this antichrist organization. We define our terms by His word. We reject the stupidity of those who are incapable of understanding themselves but who somehow seek to lead us to some version of awakening.
Originally, I intended to use Black Lives Matter’s “What We Believe” statements in this post. This draft was started months ago, and I don’t know when they removed that page, nor do I care. The only reason it matters, in the end, is because the belief system of BLM is the same as the belief system of Antifa is the same as the belief system of Leftists everywhere. This is a religion. A competing religion to Christianity. Just as there are Presbyterians and Methodists and other groups under the umbrella of Christianity (sorry for including Methodists) there are different denominations of Leftists out there. They all worship the State.
They all worship the State.
Let me say it again. They all worship the State.
They know that God rejects their feeble attempts to supplant Him. They instinctively know it because they are made in His image and He has revealed Himself to them so that they are without excuse. God does not accept their offering and they are unwilling to confront their sin and present a suitable offering. So the only logical approach now is to kill those who are seeking to please God and then place a god of their choosing in that spot, a god who resembles them. A god they ultimately control.
A god made in their image, for a change.
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.