I’m almost never on Facebook any longer, preferring Gab, where I can speak freely. Gab is where I share shorter thoughts, this blog is where I flesh out the details on longer thoughts. I’ve said before that this blog is the hub of my online presence, and that concept has been consistent all along. Facebook is as valuable to me as a malignant tumor. If you want to find me on a site that truly endorses free speech without the fear of cancellation because you spoke too much truth, here is the link: https://gab.com/CoffeeSwirls
If you’d like to receive updates when I post to this blog, there is a sign up thingy off to the right. I haven’t had any email subscribers since the initial inception of this blog, when it all started as a “read with me through the Bible” project some 18 years ago. It was requested though, so I added it. I’ve always preferred RSS feeds, even though most people have no idea what those are.
So here’s the social media heirarchy in my personal opinion:
- Gab is the bees knees. You may have heard bad things, but 2020 has taught us few lessons more important than the one to verify everything you hear. Gab is so great, I have actually paid money to support the service. The benefits of being a paid supporter are not worth the cost. But the Christian values behind Gab are.
- The blogosphere is awesome, IF you use an RSS reader. My preferred reader is Inoreader but Feedly is much more user friendly for someone unaccustomed to RSS readers.
- Email is pretty good for what it is. I have taken a liking to Protonmail over Gmail, but I check both still.
- Facebook needs to be cut out of your life and biopsied.
- Twitter is the devil.
- Is MySpace still around?
- MeWe is a joke.
- Parler is a honeypot and does NOT support free speech, no matter their claims.
- If you have two tin cans and some string you can talk from treehouse to treehouse.